05 March, 2006

Prawn Peeling

At a recent wedding dinner...

There were three types of people that we observed at our table:
1) The couple that're not married yet: The guy peels TWO plates worth of prawns, willingly.

2) The couple that're married for a few years: The guy admits to seldom peeling for his wife, but also willingly peels the prawns for his wife. ;)

3) The couple that're married for more than a decade: Both the husband and the wife peel their own prawns, willingly.

PS: Don't worry, we won't post too many posts like this in this blog. Just to share some light-hearted observations. Expecting some comments though ;)

7 comments:

island said...

hee for most i've met, the hubbies peeling for their wivies ;)

but at one dinner, my good fren peeled for me and his wife. of cos he aso mentioned tat such tasks should be done by someone else in future. but in the meantime, he did tat 'servant' act as a fren (with his wife's approval of cos!)

Ger said...

well, my dad peels for my mum, me and sis...we're the fortunate few...hehe...

Anonymous said...

erm... can i haf mayo to go if it???

thanks =)
hahaha

Anonymous said...

Sometimes what matters most is that the couple still have dinner together and a decent, encouraging conversation.
But prawn shelling is a plus of course. haha :p

Unknown said...

Looks like there's more crustacean shellings to come ;) Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

my daddy will peel for me.!cos is he dont peel i wont eat. (: im kinda like the only one in my family who doesnt know how to peel prawns. (: hee.hmm.so i guess my husband MUST know how to peel prawns n crabs..hee.n wadever tt needs peeling la! =D

Anonymous said...

Haha.... adding in a very late comment but.... my bf peels for me! Heh!